Thursday, December 17, 2009

Get your flu shot!

I had a somewhat similar conversation to the one below with a coworker recently:

I don't need a flu shot. I never get sick.

That's like saying you don't need to wear a seat beat because you never get into an accident.

I don't want my arm to feel sore.

Getting a flu shot is better than getting the flu.

I don't like getting shots.

You can get the vaccine in a nasal spray.

Ya, but...

I think ultimately my coworker was just too lazy to get the vaccine, which is really sad since our company has an on-site clinic offering free vaccines. At least my coworker didn't bring up the myth that vaccines cause autism or some other bull that's been debunked by the scientific community countless times. The fact is, even if you don't think you'll get sick yourself, you should get the vaccine to prevent spreading it to other people. The more people who have the vaccine, the less people who will be sick.

No comments: